The first call for applications aimed to provide grant funding to larger scale projects – seeking total support in excess of €1m – that are scheduled to commence development in 2019 or 2020.
The focus of the Climate Fund will be to support a broad range of projects that, in the absence of support from the Climate Action Fund, would not otherwise be developed. This will include projects that demonstrate innovation and capacity building.
Some examples of the types of projects that may be supported include:
- Renewable energy projects;
- Energy efficiency projects;
- District heating projects;
- Local infrastructure projects (including electric vehicle charging networks); and
- Projects that enhance the standards of environmental protection.
The deadline for applications as part of the first call, closed at 5pm on 1 October 2018.