Minister Kyne hosted the second National Stakeholder Forum in Ballinasloe on 12 October 2018. This event, held as part of the Mobile Phone and Broadband Taskforce, brought together key stakeholders in the telecommunications industry. It allowed an open dialogue on issues impacting on the rollout of telecommunications infrastructure.
Building on the success of last year’s event, the discussions at the Forum will inform the development of the Taskforce and will allow stakeholders to actively shape policies that will lead to a better connected, future-focused and digitally inclusive society. The agenda for the event can be found here.
- representatives of telecommunications industry and industry bodies;
- several Government Departments;
- representative from the EU Commission;
- the Commission for Communications Regulation;
- all local authorities (at Broadband Officer and Director levels);
- the City and County Managers’ Association and the Local Government Management Association; and
- consumer bodies.