You are here:

Nós Imeachta Gearáin

Image of text with complaint word

Making a Complaint

If you have trouble with your bill or some other issue relating to your  gas or electricity supply you should first try to resolve the issue with your supplier or network operator.

What you do if your complaint is still not resolved to your satisfaction?

If you are unable to resolve the problem following completion of your supplier or network operator’s complaints process, you can contact the Commission for Energy Regulation (CER) who offer an independent complaint resolution service. Please note the Commission can only investigate unresolved complaints where a customer has exhausted the complaints processes provided by their supplier or network operator.

The CER has a statutory responsibility to provide a complaints resolution service to customers with an unresolved dispute with their supplier or network operator. Following investigation the CER has the power to direct suppliers and network operators to award compensation or to resolve the complaint in a set fashion if the complaint is upheld. The Customer Care Team has been setup within the CER to deal to directly with customers who have complaints.

For guidance on how to make a complaint to CER please visit their website at CER at: or, if you wish to write, email of phone, you can contact them at the following address-


Commission for Energy Regulation
The Exchange
Belgard Square North
Dublin 24

Tel: 1890 404 404
Fax: 01 400 0850