Fishing in river

Section 14 Authorisation

In order to undertake certain activities such as scientific research, fishery development or restocking, a Section 14 Authorisation is required from the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment (DCCAE).

To receive an authorisation, an application must be made to Inland Fisheries Division  and this should include; 
- Background information regarding the proposed operation,
- Purpose of the proposed work,
- Location map,
- Time frame, i.e. proposed commencement and completion dates.

An Authorisation if granted, may be subject to certain conditions and will generally be timebound.

Contact us to make an application